Monday, July 19, 2010

Bret #46

Hi there!
I was handed #46 by one of your family members (an older son, I believe) at the science museum in Buffalo, NY last Friday. That day my daughter (5 years old) and I brought a friend (6 years old) to visit the museum who suffers from severe eczema. It's very apparent that he is "different", but he's a bright ray of sunshine and it doesn't bother him to be in public. I gave him the dollar so he could save it or spend it as he saw fit.
There is more to this story that makes your gift more meaningful to me. The boy is one of four ranging in ages from three to nine. He has two older brothers and a younger sister. My husband and I were watching the kids that day because their Father had to work and their Mother is undergoing serious treatment for stage four breast cancer and can't care for the children.
My husband took the two older boys and my son to an air show that day. The younger boy, due to his medical issues, can't be outside for very long so that is why we went to the science museum.
This family is very close to my heart. The Mother is trying her best to stay positive for her children, but her illness definitely is taking it's toll on her. Even though they are a proud and very private family, any kind of help is needed and appreciated. Thank you for your gift, I'm sure you made a little boy very happy.
Sincerely,
Robin ErwinBuffalo, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment